If you need to send some vital emails to our clients or loved ones, you can’t log into your AOL email account due to the authentication error.
I am sure this situation would be harrowing for you, and you will be seeking instructions to fix the authentication error asap.
I am hoping that’s why you have landed yourself on this page. Don’t grieve yourself anymore; we are here to get rid of this email sign in problem.
AOL Mail authentication error can arrive on any device due to the wrong security settings or proxy settings. Regularly, this error has been seen in the browser frequently. Apart from this, people also get it on smartphones. So here I am assigning the resolution for all of them.
An essential guide to identifying the issue-
When you can’t access the AOL account from one browser or computer, let’s try to open the account on a different browser.
Suppose you can’t access your account there as well. It would help if you made the following changes to the computer’s security settings.
- Disable the firewall for a while.
- Disable the proxy server if running.
- Turn off the VPN and antivirus programs for a bit.
- Restart the router and computer, and other network equipment.
How to fix the AOL mail authentication error on the internet explorer or Microsoft Edge brother –
when you are getting the AOL email authentication failed error on the internet explorer or Microsoft Edge browser. Please make the following changes in the browser settings.
Clear the cookies & cache files of your browser-
First of all, you should think about clearing the cookies and cache files of the browser. To do that, you need to remove the cookies.
- Launch the internet explorer browser.
- Click on the settings button and push the Internet options.
- Put a check on delete browsing history and press the delete button.
- Now press the ok button to save & close the window.
- Now restart the explorer and edge browser and then retry to open the aol.com website.
Enable the protection mode-
- let’s relaunch the internet explorer and open the internet options window again.
- Press the Security tab and choose the security level in the medium zone.
- Put a checkmark on the enable protected mode and press the ok button.
- Now restart the browsers again.
Reset the explorer-
Right after making these changes, if your browser is still unable to load the AOL mail website, you should factory reset the explorer and then restart your pc once.
Easy guide to fix AOL mail authentication failed problem on Mozilla Firefox–
Suppose you are getting an AOL mail authentication problem on Mozilla firefox, just like an internet explorer. In that case, you should also clear the Mozilla Firefox’s browsing data and then reload the AOL website.
However, if your Mozilla browser cannot load the AOL account yet, please make these changes in your browser.
Disable the ad-ons-
- Let’s launch the Firefox browser and press the menu icon.
- Press on the Restart with add-ons disabled button available in the menu.
- Now your Firefox browser will ask you for permission to start itself into the safe mode. Please press the start in safe mode button.
- Now type AOL mail address and load the account. Let’s check do you get the authentication error or not?
Reset the Firefox-
If you don’t get the AOL email authentication error on Firefox during the safe mode, you should reset the Firefox.
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Press the ALT button to see the top menu.
- Now press the help option from the menu, and click on the troubleshooting information presented in the submenu.
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button handy on the right side.
- Now you will see the warning message, press the refresh firefox button there.
Now Mozilla Firefox will reset itself; once the refresh process completes, you need to restart the browser and then load the aol.com website again.
How to fix the authentication error on an android phone or iPhone?
If you can’t receive emails on your AOL using the android phone and getting the authentication error. Please make these changes to the mail settings on your android phone.
Update the AOL password-
- Go to the settings on your android phone.
- Look for the accounts and password tab.
- Tap on the AOL account and swipe down to find the password section.
- Now remove the password from there, and type your AOL password.
- Finally, press the save button to make changes.
- Now open the app; let’s see if the AOL mail authentication problem still appears on the android phone or not?
Clear app data-
Sometimes, the android mail app might be causing authentication trouble, so you need to clear the app data and then reload the account.
- Tap and hold the mail app.
- Touch the app info button.
- Press the clear app data button.
Once the data gets deleted, you need to close the app info tab and restart the mail app.
Update the mail app-
- Go to play store and press the menu toggle.
- Touch my apps and games option.
- Now press the update button available next to the mail option.
So these are the changes you require to do to fix the AOL mail authentication error problem.