Recently, we got a flood of complains about Bellsouth emails login problems. Majority of users were stating that there can’t sign into their email all sudden.
Each time, when they enter the username or password, some weird error occurs on their device.
So I have decided to write a separate article about it. If you are also dealing with the login or sign in issues on the bellsouth.net email, please follow the steps below.
Why is my BellSouth email not working problem?
In general cases, users are complaining about bellsouth.net email not working problem because of the following causes.
- The username/ email address is incorrect.
- The login password is invalid.
- Account has been banned due to illegal activity.
- Old cookies are conflicting.
- Browsers are not compatible with loading the emails.
- SSL certificate is not working.
- VPNs are blocking the connection.
- IMAP/POP server settings are missing.
- Antivirus or firewall is causing the login issue.
- Bellsouth or yahoo mail server are in under a maintenance.
- Outlook or mail app not setup with valid settings.
How do you fix the Bellsouth Email login problems?
Now we know why the BellSouth email login problems, it’s time today to get rid of this issue.
Verify the username/ email address-
If you can’t log into the Bellsouth email, please verify the email address/ username. There are high chances of mistyping the login username. Due to which, you may have the login issues on the email. If you can’t remember it, you may reset the username.
Verify the password as well-
After you reset the username, it’s a time to create a new password for your Bellsouth email.
1. Let’s Open the Bellsouth password form on your browser.
2. Input the last name, and username for your email, and press the continue button
3. Pick up the recovery method, and enter the code to verify the account.
4. Finally, input a new password for your Bellsouth account.
Once you change the login password, you may retry to log into the Bellsouth email.
Check the service status-
Suppose you are unable to load the Bellsouth (yahoo) login page on your device. Please check the Bellsouth server status. The servers are probably under maintenance or down due to the heavy flood. Due to which, Bellsouth email is not working on your device.
To check the email services, you may contact the Bellsouth support toll-free, and ask them about status.
Clean the browser-
If you are dealing with the BellSouth email login problems after changing the password. Please sign in your account on the different browser. If it works well there, It means the problem is with the browser. That’s why Bellsouth email is not working today on your device. So make these changes into the browser and then reload your account.
1. Delete the cookies and other data.
2. Clean the server or browser settings.
3. Update the plugins.
4. remove the extensions from your browser.
5. Update the browser as well.
After making these changes, if you still can’t log into the Bellsouth email account, please uninstall & reinstall a new browser into your pc.
Check Server settings-
Bellsouth email login problems on the smartphone generally occur because of server settings. We all know, Bellsouth emails are hosted on the yahoo mail servers. So when you try to set it up on the phone or any other application.
You need to make sure that you are using the yahoo incoming and outgoing server details.
Imap server- imap.mail.yahoo.com
server port- 993
SSL type- Yes.
Outgoing server address- smtp.mail.yahoo.com
port no- 465
SSL type- Yes
port no- 995
SSL- always yes.
Disable the proxies-
If BellSouth email is not working on your device. Please make sure that proxies are not blocking the connection. If the proxies are running, you need to disable them.
Now retry to access the Bellsouth email. If you still can’t access the Bellsouth email. Please reset the email servers.
Disable the firewall & security programs-
Apart from the proxies, the firewall might also cause the Bellsouth email not working problem. So you need to disable all kinds of security programs, including firewall, antivirus, and then retry to access the email.