Since sbcglobal.net has been merged with the yahoo mail service, there are many sbcglobal mail users, who are whining about login problems.
Each user are reporting about login issues on different devices. Some of them can’t sign into their sbcglobal account using the web browser, while others cannot access their email account on the phone or mail apps like- outlook, thunderbird, apple mail, etc.
Here in this blog, I will share the troubleshooting techniques to fix the sign-in problems on the sbcglobal email account for each device.
If you can’t log in to your sbcglobal email account, please feel free to use this guide to get rid of login issues.
General reasons for can’t access sbcglobal.net account::
- Username/password is invalid for the sbcglobal account.
- Some attacker has compromised your account.
- Yahoo/sbcglobal.net has temporarily blocked your account.
- The server is out of service.
- You have not setup your account with appropriate settings.
How to fix can’t sign into sbcglobal email on browser problem?
If you are suffering from sbcglobal.net, sign in problems on your web browser. You can use this guide to troubleshoot the error.
Reset the email password-
When you can’t sign into your sbcglobal account and getting the invalid username/password error in reverse. You should check the login credentials. Probably, you have input the wrong username or password for your account.
In such a case, you should reset the mail password and create a password for your account first.
- Go to the AT&T password reset page.
- Input the email address & last name in the form, and verify the captcha login.
- Now choose your recovery method to verify the account ownership.
- Once you confirm the ownership, you will be redirected to create a new password page. Now input a new password that you want to make for your sbcglobal account and click on the save.
Once you change the password, you may go ahead and account using the valid password.
Browser is unable to load the mailbox –
Sometimes, sbcglobal may be preventing you from signing into your account due to the browser issue.
When your browser is not secure, or it is loading old cache files. You may not be capable of accessing the sbcglobal.net account. So you need to do the following things:
- Remove the bookmarks, history, and cache files on your web browser.
- Uninstall all extensions from your browser (especially the vpn extensions).
- Disable the proxy and auto LAN settings on your internet browser.
- Enable the pop-up & java settings.
- Please ensure that you are using the recent version of the web browser.
- After making the above changes, if your browser still doesn’t work. You need to reset the web browser.
Change the DNS settings-
If you can’t reach the sbcglobal sign-in page. This issue may be related to browser settings.
Maybe the DNS server is not performing well on your pc? That’s why you can’t sign into sbcglobal.net email account on your web browser. So you need to replace the current DNS address with the following address:
For Windows users-
- Go to the network adapter properties.
- Select the TCP/IP v4 and push the properties button again.
- Now choose to use the following DNS address option available at the bottom of the ip address section.
- Finally, enter the ip address- 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, now eventually push the ok button.
For mac users-
- Go to the advanced settings of network adapters.
- Click on the DNS tab available in the top menu.
- Press the + icon and type the following address: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 now press ok.
- Finally, press the ok button.
Finally, you need to reboot your pc now, and then load the sbcloglobal sign-in page.
Can’t sign into sbcglobal.net email account using the mail apps-
If you can’t sign into sbcglobal.net email account using the mail apps like- outlook or apple mail etc. use the following tricks to solve the sign-in issue.
Update the login password-
Let’s begin with updating the login password on your mail application using the following techniques.
- Go to the account settings on your mail programs.
- Type in your new password.
Now press the apply changes button and then press the send & receive a button to update the password.
Check the server login info-
Sometimes, people are unable to sign in to their sbcglobal.net account due to the server issue. When they do not enter the valid server address.
For the easy way, I will suggest you configure your account with the IMAP server using the following settings.
Incoming server name:: imap.aol.com
Port no:: 993
SSL Type:: Yes.
Outgoing server name :: smtp.aol.com
Port no :: 465 , 25
SSL type :: optional.
These are the ports to configure the sbcglobal email account.
Turn off the computer security programs –
Sometimes, you may have a sign in problems on the sbcglobal email account using the mail app due to the security programs.
When computer’s security programs are blocking the sign inactivity, it will be causing the sign-in problems on your sbcglobal email account.
So you should turn off the firewall and security programs for a while, and test account setup.
Fix sbcglobal email login problems on iPhone or Android phone::
If you can’t sign into your sbcglobal account using the iPhone or Android phone, please use the following tricks.
Check the internet status-
Let’s make sure that your phone is connected to the internet. If your phone is not connected to the wifi, you won’t be able to sign in to the sbcglobal.net account.
To connect your phone through the internet, you can choose any methods like cellular or wifi data.
Re-add the email account to fix can’t sign into sbcglobal.net email –
If you are getting can’t sync to the mail server error, you should delete the account from the phone, and re-add it using the latest password.
For iPhone users::
- Go to the settings and tap on the account options.
- Tap on your sbcglobal email account and press the delete button.
- Now press the yes button.
- Once you delete the account, you may go ahead and press the add account button.
- Now enter your email address and other required info.
For android users-
- Go to the settings and tap on the Accounts & sync option
- Tap on your sbcglobal email account and click on the delete account, then Tap yes to confirm.
- Now press the add account and type in your email address, and other details.
Once you configure your sbcglobal.net email account with the following settings, you may go ahead and try to access your account on the mail app now.
Install yahoo mail app –
If you still sign in problems with your sbcglobal email account. You can install the yahoo mail app on your phone and configure your account on it. It will work fine.
These are the tricks to fix the sbcglobal.net email account problems; I hope you will like them and get your issues resolved soon.