Troubleshoot: gmail not receiving emails
Gmail not receiving emails became the biggest issue for a few days. Every day, many users are complaining about email not receiving in their Gmail account issue.
Have you ever realize what could be the reason behind this problem and how can we fix them?
Here we are going to share some instructions for troubleshooting can’t receive emails in Gmail account problem.
- gmail not receiving emails
- can send but not receive gmail
- gmail can send but not receive
- gmail account not receiving emails
Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone-
If you can get emails on your computer, but not on iPhone, this problem may be related to email synchronization issue. So you need to check incoming outgoing server settings. Make sure you have filled them correctly.
Also, check the internet connection status on your phone. Make sure you are getting internet.
If incoming and outgoing settings are correct but still you are having the
same issue. I will suggest you delete the account on your Apple iPhone and re-add it.
Sometime, this problem may be related to the email app as well. If your application is not updated, it may cause the problem for you. So you should try to update the email application.
Gmail not receiving emails using web browser –
If you have directly logged into Gmail using a web browser. But still, you can’t receive emails in Gmail account. I will suggest you check the following settings.
- If your Gmail can send but not receive emails. this issue could be related to the email
- filter. so you need to go ahead and check the email filter. if you have created any filter. I will suggest you delete that filter.
- If your gmail not receiving emails from a few email address. there is a possibility, you have blocked that email address. so you should go and unblock the email address.
- Do not forget to check out the email forwarding option. because if email forwarding is enabled on your google account. you will definitely face, Gmail account not receive emails.
Most probably, people face Gmail account not receiving emails just because of the filter. They create a filter by mistake, that’s why there is directly going to trash folder.
While sometime, this problem may be related to IMAP or pop 3 settings, so you should try to check the pop and IMAP settings. also try to check the Gmail server settings, make sure that Gmail is not down. you may check Gmail server status by visiting: is gmail down?
Can’t receive emails in gmail using outlook or third party –
If you can receive emails on your Gmail account but not on any third party email like- outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird etc. there can be several reasons for this problem.
First, you should check the incoming and outgoing server settings. Make sure, you have type correct server address for your email account. here is the information about the incoming and outgoing server.
IMAP – imap.gmail.com
POP 3- pop.gmail.com
Also, you should check the incoming and outgoing port number for your email account.