Is AOL mail not working on the iPhone 12 or another version of it? Do not worry; here we are to help you regain access to your AOL account. Normally, this kind of problem occurs because of invalid credentials or following other settings.
- Login credentials are incorrect.
- Server settings are invalid.
- The phone is not connected to the internet.
- Issues related to the mail application.
Here are the 6 Methods to fix AOL mail email login problems on the iPhone; you may apply it on your device to get the solution.
How Do I Fix AOL Mail Not Working On Iphone 2021?
Method 1 – Disable the airplane mode and connect your phone to the internet-
When AOL Mail is not working on the iPhone, you need to check internet connectivity.
- Let’s go to the iPhone settings.
- Touch the airplane mode.
- Slide toward the left-side to disable the airplane.
- Tap the WIFI option.
- Touch the network name and connect it to the Wi-Fi name.
- Enter the network password.
Method 2- Enable the Fetch new data option-
Sometimes, users dealing with the AOL mail stopped working on the iPhone because of auto-sync settings. This feature might be turned off on your account, due to which you can’t receive emails on the AOL account.
- Let’s Go to the settings on the iPhone again.
- Click on the accounts and password option.
- Press the Fetch new data.
- Tap on automatically.
- Now you can reopen the AOL account.
Method 3 – Clear App data-
Sometimes, the mail application might not be working because of junk files. So you should clear cookies and app data and then reopen the mail app again.
- Hold the mail app and tap on the app info.
- Touch the app data function and click on clear data.
Method 4- Update the user login details-
If a mail is not working on the iPhone and you are getting the account syncing error or mail settings are outdated. You should check the login details first.
Probably, the iPhone is currently using the expired password. That’s why it can’t sync to the mail server. In such a case, you need to update the AOL mail settings.
- Let’s jump back to the AOL mail settings again.
- Tap on your AOL account and then tap on the password and security option.
- Here you need to touch the change password button.
- Now enter the current password and then save it.
In case if you receive the IMAP AOL not responding, pop up on your screen. Please check the mail settings. Probably, the mail settings are outdated, so update the IMAP settings on your account.
Method 5 – Remove/re-add the account-
If these settings are not working properly, you need to remove your phone’s current settings and re-add the email settings again.
- Go to the accounts and password on the iPhone again.
- Tap on your AOL account and scroll up.
- Tap on the delete account button and press the ok button on the pop-up window.
- Once you delete the pop settings, you may retry to access the webmail on your account again.
- Now touch the account button & select aol from the list.
- Enter the AOL address, password and other details.
- Please press the next button to add the account.
Method 6- Update the mail application-
It doesn’t happen quite often, but sometimes, AOL mail is not working because of a mail application issue when the mail application is corrupted or requires some important update.
So you should check for the application update too. If you find any update, you need to do it immediately.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, you may remove the mail application and install its latest from the aol app store.
So these are the options to fix the AOL mail stopped working problem on the iPhone. In case, If you still can’t resolve the problem, please contact the AOL mail team for more help.