Is AOL mail not working on the iPhone 12 or another version of it? Do not worry; we are here to help you regain access to your AOL account. Normally, this kind of problem occurs because of invalid credentials or following other settings.
- Login credentials are incorrect.
- Server settings are invalid.
- The phone is not connected to the internet.
- Issues related to the mail application.
Here are the 6 Methods to fix AOL mail email login problems on the iPhone; you may apply it on your device to get the solution.
How Do I Fix AOL Mail Not Working On iPhone 2021?
Method 1 – Disable the airplane mode and connect your phone to the internet-
When AOL Mail has stopped working on the iPhone, you need to check internet connectivity.
- Let’s go to the iPhone settings.
- Touch the airplane mode.
- Slide toward the left-side to disable the airplane.
- Tap the WIFI option.
- Touch the network name and connect it to the Wi-Fi name.
- Enter the network password.
Method 2- Enable the Fetch new data option-
Sometimes, users dealing with the AOL mail stopped working on the iPhone because of auto-sync settings. This feature might be turned off on your account, due to which you can’t receive emails on the AOL account.
- Let’s Go to the settings on the iPhone again.
- Click on the accounts and password option.
- Press the Fetch new data.
- Tap on automatically.
- Now you can reopen the AOL account.
Method 3 – Clear App data-
Sometimes, the mail application might not be working because of junk files. So you should delete the app data and then reopen the mail app again.
- Hold the mail app and tap on the app info.
- Touch the app data function and click on clear data.
If you are using the recent version of iPhone. It will not see the option for clearing the app cache. in that case, you have to go to the step 7.
Method 4- Update the user login details-
If a mail is not working on the iPhone and you are getting the account syncing error or mail settings are outdated. You should check the login details first.
Probably, the iPhone is currently using the expired password. That’s why it can’t sync to the mail server. In such a case, you need to update the AOL mail settings.
- Let’s jump back to the AOL mail settings again.
- Tap on your AOL account and then tap on the password and security option.
- Here you need to touch the change password button.
- Now enter the current password and then save it.
In case if you receive the IMAP AOL not responding, pop up on your screen. Please check the mail settings. Probably, the mail settings are outdated, so update the IMAP settings on your account.
Method 5 – Remove/re-add the account-
If these settings are not working properly, you need to remove your phone’s current settings and re-add the email settings again.
- Go to the accounts and password on the iPhone again.
- Tap on your AOL account and scroll up.
- Tap on the delete account button and press the ok button on the pop-up window.
- Once you delete the pop settings, you may retry to access the webmail on your account again.
- Now touch the account button & select AOL from the list.
- Enter the AOL address, password and other details.
- Please press the next button to add the account.
Method 6- Update the mail application-
It doesn’t happen quite often, but sometimes, AOL mail is not working because of a mail application issue when the mail application is corrupted or requires some important update.
So you should check for the application update too. If you find any update, you need to do it immediately.
Method 7- Reinstall the mail app-
If mail app is crashing while trying to load the AOL mail. in such a case, you have to uninstall the app driver and then reinstall it again.
- Press and hold the mail app.
- Tap on the uninstall button.
- Now touch the uninstall button.
- Open the app store.
- Search for aol app on the app store.
- Install it on your iPhone.
- Once the app gets installed, you need to sign into the account.
So these are the options to fix the AOL mail stopped working problem on the iPhone. In case, If you still can’t resolve the problem, please contact the AOL mail team for more help.
Basic questions related to the AOL mail problems:
Why is my iPhone AOL mail not updating automatically?
Generally, such problem appears because of the auto fetching issue. you need to uninstall the account and then reinstall the mail application again. it will start working fine then.
AOL account error cannot get emails what to do?
Generally, such problem appears when your account is setup with the incorrect account information. in that case, you need to correct the imap settings. for more details, please feel free to visit: how to fix aol mail authentication problem?