Most professionals use AOL emails only because their mail servers are always active. If the servers stop working for any reason, then the AOL mail team quickly handles the problem and again-ups the servers.
You do not have a substantial delay in communicating.
Otherwise, most users who use AOL mail are pleased with its service, but sometimes some users have to face some technical problems in emails.
AOL Mail is not receiving emails is one of those problems.
When they open their email account on the computer, smartphone or tablet, they can only see the old emails into their inbox, but there is no new message.
Meanwhile, some users can’t receive some emails, but others arrive at their account without delay.
Why can’t I receive emails on AOL Account?
There can be several causes for receiving emails issue; some of them are noted here.
- AOL spam bot is considering new emails as spam mail.
- Mail filter is sending them to the new folder.
- The sender isn’t using the exact email address.
- Browser is unable to load the mailbox completely.
- AOL forwarding is turned on.
- Incoming or outgoing server is not responding.
- The security programs are blocking the communication process.
- AOL Account authentication issue.
What to do when AOL Mail is not receiving emails on my browser or mail application?
When you are unable to receive emails on the AOL account, please contact the sender and ask them whether they are sending the emails on the correct emails or not?
When a sender sends you any emails, you should remain for half an hour. Sometimes, the email delivery might be slow down because to the heavy traffic on the aol webmail server.
Check all folders-
If AOL email is not receiving emails in the inbox, you should look over other mail folders ex- spam, trash, or other custom folders. Can you spot new emails into that folder? If yes!
Firstly, move them back into the inbox or other folders using the details below.
- Open the mail folder, where you have found the glimpse of your new emails.
- Choose those new emails, and click on the move option.
- Select the inbox as your designated folder.
After moving the emails, please change the spam mail and filters settings, so you start receiving the new emails into the inbox automatically.
Check spam mail settings-
AOL bots work hard to identify the spam messages, whenever they find anything suspicious in the message body. They will automatically, send those emails into the spam folder.
But Sometimes, it may become a disadvantage for you as well. When you set up the spam settings on high, It will cause can’t receive emails on AOL mail inbox folder problem for you.
So it’s necessary to keep the spam settings on the medium label.
- Sign in to the AOL webmail account (in case, if you are struggling in the login process, please visit: why am I having AOL email login problems)?
- Hover the cursor on the options presented below the email address, and select mail settings.
- Press the spam mail settings pane, and select the radio tab next to medium.
Delete the active filters-
When AOL mail is not receiving emails on any device, you should deactivate all mail filters, and then ask the senders to send you another email.
- Let’s open the AOL webmail account again.
- Push the options button and proceed to the mail settings.
- Click on the mail filters, and select the mail filters.
- Press the trash icon to delete the mail filters.
Delete the forwarding accounts as well-
If you cannot receive the emails on any AOL mail folder, please look over at the forwarding settings. You likely have authorized another account to receive emails via forwarding settings.
For that reason, you are unable to receive the emails on your AOL mail.
You can easily disable the forwarding of your account using the settings given below.
- Jump into the AOL mail settings again.
- Click on the general settings.
- If you can spot any email address under the forwarding settings, you should delete it.
- Now Save the settings to deactivate the forwarding.
Check Imap/pop server settings-
If your AOL mail is not receiving emails on apps, you should check the IMAP and pop settings while appearing on the browser. There is probably an issue with the account authorisation (at that time, you may also receive, imap.aol.com not responding error ), so you should assure you have used the details resulting below to set up your account.
IMAP server name- imap.aol.com
Port no – 993
SSL type- Yes.
Pop3 server name- pop.aol.com
Port no- 995
SSL type- Yes.
Smtp server- Smtp.aol.com
Port no- 465
SSL type- optional.
Username- your AOL email address or username.
Password- your AOL email password.
If any of the details are inaccurate, you should correct them and then save them into your browser.
Security or network issue-
If you can’t receive emails on the AOL mail account using the mail client software, please deactivate the security apps for a while, and perform the send and receive process.
Also, make the changes into the DNS servers and network settings.
Browsers may not be updating emails-
Once you check the network settings, If aol mail is not updating the mailbox. please clear the browsing data and reset it. Besides this, you should also upgrade the browser or try to use the aol account on another browser.
Some general questions related to the not receiving problem asked by the AOL team member-
Why can’t I receive emails on AOL account that have email images on it?
The AOL mail might be considering it as a spam mail? If you take a look at the junk or spam folder, you will view your emails there. Now open that email, and click on not spam button.
- Now go to the AOL mail settings.
- Click on the General settings.
- Untick the hide images in the emails option, and press the save changes button.
Why Is my AOL Mail is not receiving emails from some specific person?
You have blocked that their email account that’s why you can’t receive the emails from them on your AOL account. So go to the spam mail settings again and remove the email address available in the block sender.
Why can’t I Receive emails on iPhone?
If you can’t receive emails on the iPhone, please update the AOL password first, if it doesn’t work, you should remove the account and reconfigure it.