Most professionals use AOL emails only because their mail servers are always active. If there is any technical glitch on the mailbox or server, then the AOL mail team quickly resolve the problem and make you eligible to access the mailbox.
You do not hold up long for assistance.
Although, Mostly users are pleased with it’s great service, Yet some users have to deal with some technical problems in emails occasionally.
AOL Mail is not receiving emails is one of the most generous common glitch.
When users are trying to load the mailbox their gadgets like- pc or Smartphones, they are eligible to see the old messages(emails) into their inbox, and meanwhile the new messages are missing from there.
Apart from this, some users can’t receive some emails, but others arrive at their account without delay.
Why can’t I receive emails on AOL Account?
There can be multiple reasons for not receiving emails issue on the aol account; Few of them are noted down below.
- AOL spam bot is considering new emails as spam mail.
- Mail filter is sending them to the new folder.
- The sender isn’t using the exact email address.
- Browser is unable to load the mailbox completely.
- AOL forwarding is turned on.
- Incoming or outgoing server is not responding.
- The security programs are blocking the communication process.
- AOL Account authentication issue.
What to do when AOL Mail is not receiving emails on my browser or mail application?
When you are unable to receive the new emails on the AOL mail account, please send a test mail to the sender and ask him to reply on the same message. They might have entered the wrong communication email address. that’s why you won’t receive the emails.
When a sender sends you any emails, you should remain for half an hour. Sometimes, the email delivery might be a bit slow due to the heavy web traffic on the server.
Check all folders-
If AOL email is not receiving emails in the inbox, you should look over other mail folders ex- spam, trash, or other custom folders. Can you spot new emails into that folder? If yes!
Firstly, move them transfer them back into the inbox or previous folders using the details below.
- Open the mail folder, where you have found the glimpse of your new emails.
- Choose those new emails, and click on the move option.
- Select the inbox as your designated folder.
After moving the emails, please change the spam mail and filters settings, so you start receiving the new emails into the inbox automatically.
Check spam mail settings-
AOL’s Auto bot systems are working pretty well to identify the spam messages, whenever they sees anything suspicious in the message’s body. They will directly transfer those messages directly into the spam folder.
But Sometimes, it may become a headache for you. Specially, When you turn on the spam settings on high mode, It will transfer most of the emails in the trash and cause can’t receive emails on AOL mail inbox folder problem for you.
So it’s important to put the spam settings on medium label.
- Sign in to the AOL webmail account (in case, if you are struggling in the login process, please visit: why am I having AOL email login problems)?
- Hover the cursor on the options presented below the email address, and select mail settings.
- Press the spam mail settings pane, and select the radio tab next to medium.
Delete the active filters-
When AOL mail is not receiving emails on any computers or smartphones, you should turn off all mail filters, and then ask the senders to send you an another email.
- Let’s open the AOL webmail account again.
- Push the options button and proceed to the mail settings.
- Click on the mail filters, and select the mail filters.
- Press the trash icon to delete the mail filters.
Delete the forwarding accounts as well-
If you cannot receive the emails on any AOL mail folder, please look over at the forwarding settings. You likely have authorized another account to receive emails via forwarding settings.
For that reason, you are unable to receive the emails on your AOL mail.
You can easily disable the forwarding of your account using the settings given below.
- Jump into the AOL mail settings again.
- Click on the general settings.
- If you can spot any email address under the forwarding settings, you should delete it.
- Now Save the settings to deactivate the forwarding.
Check Imap/pop server settings-
If your AOL mail is not receiving emails on apps, you should check the IMAP and pop settings while appearing on the browser. There is probably an issue with the account authorization (at that time, you may also receive, imap.aol.com not responding error ), so you should assure you have used the details resulting below to set up your account.
IMAP server name- imap.aol.com
Port no – 993
SSL type- Yes.
Pop3 server name- pop.aol.com
Port no- 995
SSL type- Yes.
Smtp server- Smtp.aol.com
Port no- 465
SSL type- optional.
Username- your AOL email address or username.
Password- your AOL email password.
If any of the details are inaccurate, you should correct them and then save them into your browser.
Security or network issue-
If you can’t receive emails on the AOL mail account using the mail client software, please deactivate the security apps for a while, and perform the send and receive process.
Also, make the changes into the DNS servers and network settings.
Browsers may not be updating emails-
Once you check the network settings, If aol mail is not updating the mailbox. please clear the browsing data and reset it. Besides this, you should also upgrade the browser or try to use the aol account on another browser.
Some general questions related to the not receiving problem asked by the AOL team member-
Why can’t I receive emails on AOL account that have email images on it?
The AOL mail might be considering it as a spam mail? If you take a look at the junk or spam folder, you will view your emails there. Now open that email, and click on not spam button.
- Now go to the AOL mail settings.
- Click on the General settings.
- Untick the hide images in the emails option, and press the save changes button.
Why Is my AOL Mail is not receiving emails from some specific person?
You have blocked them on the aol that’s why you can’t receive the emails from them on the AOL account. So go to the spam mail settings again and remove the email address available in the block sender.
Why can’t I Receive emails on iPhone?
If you can’t receive emails on aol mail via iPhone or ipad, please update the AOL login credentials first. if it doesn’t work, you should delete the account from iPhone or iPad and reconfigure it.
- Open the settings on the iPhone.
- Go to the accounts & password section in the iphone’s setting.
- Touch the AOL account and press the remove account button.
- Now press the ok button to remove the account from the iphone.
- After removing the account, Tap the add account button.
- Select the AOL mail from the list, and enter the AOL login details.
- Press the next button after filling the information and then Select the email services.
- Now pick up your email settings and press the done button.
Fix AOL mail not receiving emails on Android?
If AOL Mail is not receiving emails on the android phone, Don’t panic, just make these changes.
- Open the settings on the android phone.
- Click on the mails and password (in some models, you will see accounts and password).
- Tap on the aol account and swipe up to reach sync or fetch data settings.
- Turn on the sync data or click on automatically.
- Now go to the password section, and update your password.
Now open the aol mail account, for more information, you can visit: why is aol mail not working on android phone?
Why Is AOL Not Receiving Emails From Gmail?
You may have blocked the Gmail domain on the aol. That’s why you can’t receive the aol from Gmail. So Change the settings on aol account.
- Delete the mail filters for Gmail.
- Unblock the Gmail.com from blocked address settings.
- Check the spam settings.