One thing that we all love about AOL Mail is its flawless service.
Their servers are performing best at all times, and also they are offering the best customer service.
This makes them one of the most popular premium email service providers across the United States, Canada, and other western countries.
But nothing is best for all time; you may detect some problems with your AOL account.
Can’t log into an aol email account on a computer or smartphone is one of them.
Generally, When AOL finds any illegal activity on your account. They might temporarily block your account. That’s why you may suffer from AOL email login problems on your computer, phone, or another device.
But apart from this, you can have the sign in problems due to the other reasons.
Common error you get when Can’t access the AOL mail account-
When you can’t access AOL mail account, you will receive an error message on your computer or phone screen. That tells us more about the root cause behind can’t login to aol email account.
That error message must be matching to these errors.
- The username/password is invalid.
- Can’t sync to the AOL (generally comes on phone or mail app)
- Service temporarily down error 500.
- No error message, just a blank page.
- Connection is not secure/ private.
- Can’t reach to this page / can’t connect to this page
Apart from these error messages, you may also receive some specific error message on your AOL desktop during the sign-in problem.
How do you troubleshoot can’t sign into AOL email login problems-
As we have talked about the error messages, some of you might be thinking it can be a little hard to fix AOL email login problems.
Just take these actions to fix the AOL mail login problems.
Step 1- Compose a new AOL email password-
If you can’t log into your aol email account and getting an incorrect username/password error message in reverse.
There is a circumstance of mistyping the login info while trying to sign in. So I would recommend you create a new password for your AOL mail account and now log in through it.
- Load the mail.aol.com webpage on your computer.
- Please input your AOL username and press the next button.
- Now Press the forgot password link available under the next button.
- Now you see a phone number to receive the code; if you have that phone with you, please press Yes! Please send me the code. Otherwise, Press try another way to sign-in option available below.
- Type the verification code that you have gotten on the phone or mail, and press the next button.
- Finally, you will get a chance to compose a new AOL login password; please input your new password and confirm it, then press the done button.
Step 2- Imap /POP servers are invalid-
If you are dealing with the AOL email login problems on the iphone or android phone only. Meanwhile, you can access your mail account through a desktop or laptop.
It shows the error related to the IMAP /pop server. Also, sometimes, it might be happening due to the smtp server.
Probably, you haven’t entered the valid port address for the user account. That’s why you are suffering from AOL email login problems on your phone.
Your server address, ports should be matching to the following addresses.
Imap server address- imap.aol.com Port no: 993
POP server address- pop.aol.com Port no: 995
SMTP server address- smtp.aol.com Port no: 465 or 587
let’s replace your current server details with the above on your smartphone, and then reaccess your AOL account.
Step 3-Check Server outage issue-
If you can’t access the aol mail account by using the correct login info. This problem may be related to the AOL server side.
Probably, AOL is updating their servers, or the server are down due to the overload.
That’s why you are suffering from AOL mail login problems on your devices.
So before making any other changes on the AOL settings, let’s examine the server status,
If it is broken, please abide until it starts operating fine again.
Step 4- Clean the Browser-
If you are dealing with the AOL mail login problems on your web browser and getting “can’t load this page” or similar error.
In such a situation, you have to make several changes to your browser settings.
- Let’s terminate all kind of cookies, cache files.
- Enable the pop up for AOL Mail.
- Let’s install the new version of the web browser on your pc.
After making these changes, let’s try to sign in to your account again. And tell us, are you still suffering from can’t sign into AOL mail problem on your web browser?
Step 5- Monitor the security programs-
If you can’t login to your aol mail account and getting a privacy error on your browser.
It means that some vpn or antivirus is running on your computer, blocking the secure connection.
So you should turn off the antivirus and VPN (proxy) softwares for a while and reaccess the AOL mail account.
If you still can’t login to your aol mail account, please make these changes as well.
- Uninstall all antivirus, VPN, Proxy programs.
- Disable the proxy from browser settings.
- Correct the time & Date on your pc.
Now reload the AOL mail login page; let’s see, are you still dealing with AOL mail login problems?
How do you troubleshoot can’t login to AOL mail account problem on the iphone?
If you can’t login to your aol mail account on the iphone, meanwhile, you can access it from the computer.
It would help if you will delete the current account and add it once again.
- Let’s jump into the settings on your iphone.
- Press the mail, accounts, and calendars option(in recent iPhones, you will accounts & password ).
- Tap on your AOL account and press the delete button, now press the ok on the confirmation message.
Once you delete the account from your iphone, now it’s time to add it once again. So it would help if you used the techniques given below.
- Let’s jump back to the accounts & password section.
- Press the add account option, and choose AOL from the list.
- Now type your name, email and password, hit next after filling the information.
- Select the services you want to use.
Finally, your account will be added; you may go ahead and start enjoying the account.
FAQ Questions Related To AOL Mail Sign-In Problems-
Why Can’t I sign into my AOL email account getting the error “this password was changed before”?
If you are receiving, the password has been changed before an error on your pc. It means someone has changed your password. That’s why you can’t access the aol mail account.
So you have to reset the aol password and secure your account as well for the future.
Can’t log into my aol email account and getting the oh..ho this account has been blocked error?
It indicates that you have violated the AOL mail policies, that’s why AOL mail has blocked you.
You may contact the AOL mail team and explain to them your situation. They will retrieve your account.