AOL (America Online) is a New York based online web portal company. The company is capable of delivering the multi types of web services like- email, search engine, news, etc.
Most of their services are free, but they provide some premium services as well.
AOL is generally famous for its email service in America, Canada, and other European countries. the company is promising to deliver all-time running services.
But as we all know, being a computer program, it may cause some trouble for you.
Some AOL email users are reporting for login problems on devices. They can’t log in to their device using the computer, mobile phones (iPhone or Android ), etc.
Why I can’t Access AOL Email Account-
Generally, this issue comes because of invalid user login details, but apart from this, there can be some other reasons for can’t access AOL email account. That may cause the AOL mail login problems.
- Unable to verify the login details.
- The account has been temporarily closed.
- The browser is unable to respond to the query.
- The Server may be down in your area.
6 – Useful Tips To Fix Can’t login to AOL mail account problem –
If you are suffering from AOL email login problems, do not worry, use these steps to fix the issues.
Step 1- Change the AOL mail login password-
When you can’t sign into your aol email account. It will help if you change the login password for your AOL account.
Because so many times, users receive incorrect username/ password errors due to the couple of reasons.
- You are not entering the valid login password.
- Someone has changed your login details.
These two reasons may cause can’t get into the aol email account. So change the account password using the following details:
- Let’s initiate the AOL Email login page on your computer.
- Type your AOL username and press the next button.
- Now click the forgot password button.
- Determine the account verification method and validate your account.
- Now create your new AOL password; make sure it should be a complex password.
Once you create a new AOL mail login password, you should try to sign in to your account. Also, Do not share the password with anyone else.
Step 2- Two-step security verification-
If you can’t sign in to your aol mail account due to the two-step security issue. Such as: unable to receive the code on your mobile phone.
You should choose another method to validate your account. To receive the two-step security code on your email or another phone, you need to click on try another method button.
Step 3- Purge the cookies, bookmarks-
Sometimes, you may have AOL mail login problems due to browser issues. When you are using a browser smudged with the old cookies, bookmarks. It may be unable to sync to the Server.
So I will help if you clean the web browser, and then reaccess your AOL account again.
Clean the Cookies on chrome –
- Go to the chrome history page on your browser.
- Press the Clear browsing data button from the left pane.
- Select time range as all time, and then check all boxes in the primary and advance settings.
- Finally, Hit the clear data button.
Now your browser will start cleaning itself.
Just like that, you can clean another browser as well.
Step 4- Upgrade your browser-
If you can’t login to your aol email account using the regular web browser, while you can sign in successfully using another web browser.
It means your browser needs to be upgraded. That’s why you can’t sign in to your aol email account. So you need to upgrade your browser with the recent version.
Step 5- the Server is blocking the sign-in activity-
It happens hardly ever but sometimes; users can’t access the AOL account due to the server issue.
When Server is overloaded with heavy traffic, It may not accept your sign-in request for a while. That can cause AOL mail login problems for you.
You may check the AOL server status on the AOL official website or their twitter handle. If they confirm the server issue, you have to wait until they fix it.
Step 6- Check the server details-
Few users complain about AOL email login problems on the mail app.they can’t access their AOL account through the Mail app, while it works fine on the web browser.
This issue may be coming because of configuration settings when they do not enter the correct settings. It will cause the sign-in problems for them.
If you can’t get into your aol account using the mail app, you should check the following settings.
- Update the username name and password on mail app.
- Your server information should match the following info.
- Incoming address:: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing address:: smtp.aol.com
- Incoming port no: 993 with SSL authentication.
- Outgoing port no: 465 or 587 SSL is optional.
So these are the tips to fix AOL Email login problems, I am hoping this will help you in solving the login problems on your AOL email however If you can’t sign in to your AOL account yet. Please follow these tips:
Some other common questions related to can’t login to aol email account
How Do You fix AOL EMail login problems on iPhone?
If you can’t get into your aol mail account using the iPhone, I would suggest deleting the account from the phone, now add it using the valid information like- new password, etc.
- Go to the accounts & password section on your iPhone.
- Tap on your AOL Mail account, and press the delete account button available at the bottom.
- Now Press the add account button, and tap on AOL mail from the list.
- Now enter the email address, your name, and password and press the next button.
- Check all services that you want to use and press the done button.
AOL Won’t let me log in on mail app using the valid server details why?
Maybe the computer firewall, security is blocking the mail app to sync with the AOL server. That’s why you can’t access the aol email account on your mail app.
So you should turn off the mail security and then reaccess your AOL account.