AOL mail is blindly trusted for it’s services.they offers a best a best service to everyone.
It doesn’t matter, you are a free user or a premium user.
The AOL servers are running 24/7, so you can access your account at any time.
Due to which, AOL mail became one of the most popular email service providers across the western countries.
As we all know; Nothing is perfect, so you may also encounter minor issues with your aol account.
Can’t log into aol mail is one of them.
Why Can’t I Log Into My AOL Mail Account?
Generally, such errors unauthorize the login process due to the following reason:
Invalid Login credentials: When you don’t enter the valid login credentials. AOL server won’t let you access the account.
Account has been blocked by AOL: AOL never encourages spamming activity. So if they find any suspicious activity on the account. they will temporarily or permanently block it.
Server related issues- Sometimes, The AOL mail servers might be preventing you from signing in. That generally happens when they are in maintenance mode. So when you face the sign in problems, please check if AOL mail servers are down at the moment?
Computer or app related issue- Some users are unable to login the account because of browser, apps, or local settings issues. so you should check them as well.
When you can’t access the AOL mail account, there will be an error message displayed on your device’s screen. That explains more about why you can’t access the AOL mail account?
That error message must be similar to these.
- The username/password is invalid.
- Can’t sync to the AOL (this error appears on the mail app).
- Service temporarily down, error code 500.
- Browser shows blank pages only.
- Connection is not secure/private.
- Can’t reach to this page or can’t connect to this page
If you are accessing your aol account via desktop app. The error code might be similar to these.
How do I fix the Can’t Access mail account problem?
Till now we have discussed common reasons for AOL email login problems. Now let’s go ahead and get them fixed.
Change the login password-
If AOL won’t let you log into your mail account due to the username/ password error.
There are high chances of typing the invalid password. To solve that error, I will recommend you to reset the password for your account.
- Go to the mail.aol.com.
- Enter the AOL username and press the next button.
- Now click on the forgot password link available below the sign in button.
- If you find the phone number verification method, click on next. In case, if you are unable to verify your account via it. “Press try another way to sign-in” option available below.
- Enter the AOL verification code that has been sent to you on the phone or email.(whichever method you have preferred to receive the code.)
- Finally, you will have a page to create a new AOL login password.
Now re access the account via a new password.
Step 2- Problems with the Imap /POP servers-
If AOL mail emails login problems appear on the mail applications like- outlook, mail app etc. While it works perfectly on Chrome or another browser.
You should review the account settings on that app. Probably, the account isn’t configured with the valid IMAP/pop3 address. That’s why you can’t access the aol mail account on the outlook, android or iphone.
The incoming & outgoing server information should be matching to the following one.
Imap server address- imap.aol.com Port no: 993
POP server address- pop.aol.com Port no: 995
SMTP server address- smtp.aol.com Port no: 465 or 587
So modify your account information with it, and then sync the app with the mail server. It will regain access to your aol account.
Step 3- IS AOL Mail down at the moment?
Recently, AOL made some changes into their server. After that, many users have started facing the can’t log into aol mail account problems.
That’s happening because of maintenance or heavy traffic issues.
If you are unable to access the aol mail account. Please go to the twitter or down detector and verify that the service is running now or not?
If AOL mail servers are down at the moment? You need to wait until AOL confirms that the service is up and working fine.
Step 4- Optimize your web browser –
If AOL email login problems appear on chrome or another browser. Also, displaying one of the following messages.
- “can’t load this page”.
- The browser is showing a blank page.
In such circumstances, Please make a few changes to the browser settings.
- Let’s remove cookies, cache, bookmarks, and other data.
- Allow the pop up for AOL.
- Let’s upgrade the web browser.
After changing these settings, let’s make an attempt to sign in to the aol mail account again. Now inform us about the status,can’t sign into the aol mail account continue or not?
Step 5 – Check the firewall & security programs:
If you can’t login to your aol mail account due to the privacy error. It means, There is nothing wrong from the aol side. The vpn or antivirus are blocking the website. So you should turn off all types of security apps and then reassess the aol mail account.
If you still can’t login to your aol mail account, you should check the inbound & outbound settings of your aol mail account.
- Open the firewall on the windows computer.
- Click on the inbound firewall rule.
- If you see the aol or http ports are disallowed. You need to enable them.
- Now go to the outbound settings and enable the ports for AOL mail account too.
Now reload the AOL mail login page; let’s see, are you still dealing with AOL mail login problems?
How do you Fix the can’t login to AOL mail account problem on the iphone?
If you can’t log into the aol mail account on the iphone, while it works fine on the browser or pc’s mail apps. Make these changes into the iphone to fix the aol email login problems.
- Go to the settings on the iphone.
- Proceed into the mail, accounts, & calendars option(in recent iPhones, you will have accounts & password ).
- Touch on the AOL account and then swipe up.
- Tap on the delete account button, now press the ok on the popup message.
Once the AOL mail account gets removed from the iphone. Go back to the mail settings and re-add the account.
- Open the accounts & password again.
- Tap on the add account option, and pick up the AOL from the list.
- Now enter the name, email and password. press the next after filling the information.
- Choose what type of aol services you want to sync on the aol mail account? Press the ok after selecting them.
Finally, your account will get set up on the iPhone; you can go to the mail app to have a conversation.
Frequently asked questions related to the AOL email login problems:
Why Can’t I sign into my AOL email account getting the error “this password was changed before”?
If you can’t access the aol mail account and getting the
“This password has been changed a while ago” error. You need to reset the aol password. Once you get into the account, go ahead and secure it.
Can’t log into my aol email account and get the oh..ho this account has been blocked error?
Such an error appears when you have violated the AOL mail policies. Due to which, AOL has blocked you permanently or temporarily.
In that case, You have to contact the AOL mail team, and request them to unblock your account.
How do I get into the AOL mail without password?
That can be possible only if you have enabled the auto sign in helper on the aol account. When you enable the sign in helper. you will get the OTP on the phone.
Also, If you have enabled the autofill password on the browser.